This course is part of the April 2020 training “Introduction to Balmorel for Ethiopia“.
The course is composed of two parallel tracks:
- Balmorel for Analysts: understand overall scope of the model, design scenarios and understand/review results
- Balmorel for Operators: all above, plus work in detail with model inputs and outputs, define model runs and handle errors
The course is composed by four Sessions: Intro to the model, Model Outputs, Model structure and Inputs and Next Steps.
At the end of each Session, a Live Q&A is organized, in which instructors will be available for answering questions and discussing about the progress with the course.
During the Lectures, video explanations are complemented with Exercises and Quizzes, to test your understanding and progression with the topic.
In this section you find a library of relevant material on previous studies in Ethiopia and Balmorel analyses.
Previous Balmorel studies in EAPP:
- EAPP Masterplan (2014)
- Wind integration in Egypt (2016)
Other Balmorel studies:
- Regional Energy Outlooks for Indonesia (2019): Sulawesi, Kalimantan, Sumatra
- China Renewable Energy Outlook (2019)
- Indonesia Energy Outlook (2019)
Relevant documents and reports: