This short course aims to give a practical overview of the different steps involved in operating the Balmorel model.
The material is aimed at Balmorel operators who have already followed an introductiory course to Balmorel and wish to refresh the hands-on parts of the course:
- How to create scenarios and scenario collections
- How to create input files for the scenarios
- How to set the options of each scenarios
- How to run a set of scenarios
- How to extract the scenario results
- How to show the scenario results in a meaningful way.
The course consists of two main parts:
- A Step-by-step walkthrough: In this section, the answer to the questions above will be shown by means of a step-by-step walkthrough where, through an example exercise, the workflow and the consecutive actions required for completing a scenario run from the set-up to the results will be shown.
- Background course material: In this section, the course material that was applied in the step-by-step walkthrough will be covered. Here you can find more detailed and broader information on the IT set-up and the different tools that were used in the walkthrough.
- IT set-up: The IT set-up needs to be in place before the user can operate Balmorel. This section shows to steps to set it up if you have an active license.
- GDX tool: Overview of the functionalities of the GDX tool for creating input to the Balmorel model as GDX files
- Launcher and Status: Overview of the functionalities of the Launcher: creating scenario (collections), setting scenario options and running the scenarios and the Status tool: monitoring the scenario runs.
- BERSERQ: Overview of the functionalities of the BERSERQ tool used for extracting and showing results from the scenario runs
- Pivot tables: Overview of the functionalities of Pivot tables – an interactive table integrated in Excel